Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm a hazard to myself!!!

Well I have been a dog groomer for almost 10 years.... wow! That seems like a long time. It has some great days when you can take a dog that looks like it rolled out of bed right in to the dirt....


To looking like something you could cuddle up in bed with....
This is Polo one of my long time clients, his entire hair cut is done by hand scissoring (with the exception of his face feet and private areas.) Polo is a typical standard poodle, he may leave my shop looking like a foo foo dog but while he is away he plays hard like an athleate!!



Then there is the miniture poodles.... most of them are little princesses... boy or girl they are little lap dogs and spoiled rotten!!




Then there is the latest CRAZE.... the ever expencive "doodle". Gunner is a "Golden Doodle". Call him what you want but he is still a Golden Retrevier Poodle cross. Though it really says something when the owners tell you that their dog arrived on the short bus!



Gunner is another one of my dogs that plays hard while he is away but when he is done being groomed looks like a plush toy to cuddle with.... even if he is a little slow on the uptake I still love him!





Then there is Bo.... I'm not really a fan of Cocker Spaniels, but Bo is the exception to the rule. He is just a happy go lucky dog, kinda reminds me of a lab. My friend is the daughter of the couple who own Bo and wanted to see what he looked like with a mo-hawk.... So just for her I did it and took pictures. I knew her dad wouldn't aprove so after I took the pictures I shaved it off, but boy was it fun to do something creative!



Well in nearly 10 years at a job there are bound to be accidents! Thankgoodness they are rarely wtih the dogs.... unfortunatly that leaves me!



About a month ago while helping our new groomer.... Well I had a bit of a accident! That day I had just gotten my scissors back from being sharpened, lucky me! My coworker needed help trimming the eyebrows on a schnauzer. So while attempting to trim the eyebrows the dog jerked his head suddenly. In an attempt to not poke the dog in the eye with the scissors I also jerked my scissors away.... unfortunately for me I caught my scissors on a part of the table and in turn sliced my chin open with the tip of the scissors. Thankgoodness it wasn't too deep, I was able to patch it up wtih a little skin glue and avoid stitches. Though boy did it hurt! Don't run with scissors, standing still with them is bad enough!


3 comments:

lydia moyer said...

wow, you sacrificed yourself for the dog. way to go. i'm so glad that you are checking out my blog. i love how these blogs make the world a little smaller.

Jack and Melanie said...

I love Gunner all done up. So cute!! And the mohawk is awesome!!

Paige said...

10 years of dog grooming, WOW! That means you're old, you know. And that means I'm REALLY old!